Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Time!

Well, we have been busy since the last time I posted. Can't believe it's been almost a month. It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes. Anyways, the 4th of July was fun. Rusty had the day off but of course, being a nurse now, I had to work. Luckily I got off early that day and made it home about 4 pm. Rusty was home with our friend Grant and had the famous Keg Grill set up in the parking lot of our apartment complex with the camping chairs out and all. That night we had a few friends over and didn't do much but eat and play with fire crackers!



Here are the guys out in front of our apartment! Ours is on the right with the flag on the door : )


I am due to start my CCNIP program next week. It is the critical care training program I need to go through before I can start my official training in intensive care. The last 3 weeks I've been taking an EKG class to learn the different heart rhythms, and really it's been more of a review than learning session!


As for Rusty, he is in class this week as well. He is taking a class about drivability (diagnosing why your car runs like crap!). This is a challenge for him since he does mostly air conditioning and electrical problems at work. Besides that, he is the youngest person in the class by 20 years and has far less experience than anyone else. It is just one more step in the direction of becoming a Senior Master. In other words, maybe Rusty will have to study for once : )

I am also going to post a blurb about Paige. She has been away all month on many adventures! First, she went up to Minnesota with my grandma to see Alison's graduation. Then she went to Michigan with her and visited more relatives up there before heading up to Higgins Lake. My dad drove from Vermont to pick her up and spent some time with him in Vermont and then traveled to New York City for the first time! What a fun summer!

Here is a picture of her at Nanny and Papa's grave. Wish I could have been there to help with the flowers!

No comments: