Friday, November 18, 2011

I am thankful for....



my little Audrey. She can be such a stinker but she sure is worth it! I feel like it was yesterday when I held her in my arms for the first time. She didn't waste any time joining this world after a swift kick to the amniotic sack at 36 weeks. Only 6 hours of labor and 10 minutes of pushing and she was in my arms. My 4lb 12oz ball of fire!


She is my daughter and the whole experience is so surreal! Rusty and I made her! She was inside of me! And now here she is, 7 1/2 months old, into everything and interested in everything. Sharp, bright eyed and one-of-a-kind! She is my spitting image (or so I'm told) and knows what she wants and how and when she wants it.


I feel like I had the full birth experience with Audrey and it's something I missed out on with Madison being in NICU. Just after they were born I went back to my room to recover. Daddy was with Madison and for a few minutes it was just Audrey and me. It was as if we were the only two people in the world and it is a memory I will cherish forever. I am so thankful for her being born healthy and for the opportunity to be her mother!


And I think we all know what I'm thankful for tomorrow :)

No comments: