Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am thankful for...

our jobs! There were so many sleepless nights we spent hoping that Rusty could find a decent paying job when the economy took a plunge and the auto industry fell with it. Not only has he found a job with great benefits and good pay but he also ENJOYS it! That is something to be thankful for!!! Working at Universal Studios has really taken a big weight off our shoulders.

Now that Rusty is able to carry the benefits, I have been able to drop to a per diem position 2 days a week. Not that being a nurse working 3 12hr shifts isn't great enough but dropping that extra day has enabled me to stay at home with my girls 5 days a week and avoid child care (see: I am thankful for my family!) I am so lucky to have such great co-workers and have such a flexible work schedule. Our jobs don't make us rich but we can pay the bills and have a little bit left over. Besides, the time I get to spend at home is truly priceless!

No comments: