Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am thankful for....



my Madison! It wasn't long after Audrey was born and along came Madison. It was a totally different birth because she wasn't breathing and they had to resuscitate her. It was the most scared I have ever been! Right then, nothing else mattered except knowing that she was going to be ok. She finally let out a loud cry and I knew everything was going to be fine! It was one long week after that, that we were able to bring her home!


Madison was the easier of the two to soothe and put down for bed. She had this long, soft fuzzy back hair and super soft skin that was irresistible. We had our special time together when she was still in the NICU. I would leave Audrey with Rusty and go to visit Madison. I would arrive in time for her evening feeding, nurse her, give her a bottle, and then sit and rock her until I had to go back home.


She is a sensitive baby and loves to cuddle with her momma. Every now and then she will even rest her head on my shoulder but those moments are becoming few and far between. The world is just too interesting to rest! I am thankful for her tonight; her sweet smiles, her silly giggles and the way she gets excited when I come in the room.


I had so many sleepless nights while pregnant wondering how I would ever survive two babies. I just couldn't fathom TWO babies at once. Now, I think of all the joy I would be missing out on if I had only been blessed with one instead of two :)

No comments: