Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Week of Thanks

There is something about this time of year. A change in the weather, crisp mornings, fall colors and then Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday! A day of coming together with family and friends, enjoying good food and good company. This year, more than any other, we have so much to be thankful for. Each night until Thanksgiving day I'm going to share some of these things.

Tonight I am thankful for our basic needs. We have shelter, food and water, and our health. We have never known what it is like to be hungry, truely hungry. We've done our fair share of cheap spagetti dinners but we have never gone without. I recently took care of a patient that hadn't eaten in 3 days because he didn't have money to buy food and I realized that we sometimes take some of the most basic things forgranted.

No comments: